Title: Associate Group Leader - 3rd shift Automation/Sample Operations
Department: Vaccine Labs
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Immediate opening! Full benefits, shift differential and relocation available!
Please note: This is a 3rd shift position, 10pm - 6am EST
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As an Associate Group Leader, provide line-level management coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory activities.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
The Associate Group Leader provides line-level management coordination of resources and work schedules for laboratory activities. Oversees daily operations and assists in preparation and implementation of company policies, quality systems and training programs. Ensures that projects are completed in a timely manner so that company revenues are met and clients are satisfied with the quality and turnaround time of work being performed. Ensures that laboratory staff continues to be developed to keep pace with department goals and growth.
- Performs lab work in accordance with client protocols, methods and requirements.
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documentation.
- Designs experimental study and participates in technical troubleshooting.
- Reviews, interprets and analyzes data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews laboratory investigations and deviation.
- Organizes, schedules and supervises laboratory resources for group's project activities and updates project status.
- Responds to client questions and needs, coordinates client communication and records meeting minutes.
- Assists group leaders in their responsibilities.
- Assists in preparation and implementation of PPD/client SOPs and company operational policies. Ensures adherence to SOPs, safety standards and company policies.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 1 year of leadership responsibility
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- Demonstrated proficiency on automated laboratory equipment
- Experience with writing Excel macros preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to be project solution driven
- Good written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Can independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
- Technical writing skills; ability to write quality documents (SOPs, investigation forms, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA metrics of program base; ability to write and recommend changes to PPD SOPs
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Project and time management skills
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.