PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
Our team is and we are looking to hire an Associate Manager for our Operations Finance team
The Associate Manager, Operations Finance manages a small team of analysts who provide analysis and reporting on commercial contracts and financial support to internal operations. Ensures project financials are properly monitored and managed in pursuit of maximizing project profitability and cash flow.
- Oversees team's daily activity including the review of all project budgets and financial issues. Projects consist mostly of time and material contacts and tactical accounts.
- Ensures adequate communication of processes between analysts and operations staff. Trains analysts on procedures as required.
- Oversees budgets that require senior attention with respect to revenue exposure, risk, client needs. Communicates issues and potential risks related to revenue or accounts receivables to senior finance management.
- Reviews reports for accuracy and ensures reporting deadlines are met.
- Presents data at client meetings to discuss project-related financial issues, as needed.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 1 year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in problem solving and prioritizing
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of accounting/financial principles and best practices
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor staff
- Directly supervises individual contributors, administrative support and / or entry-level professionals
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.