PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to
cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful
results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to
re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and
Due to continued growth, PPD is now looking to appoint an Associate
Medical Director, Oncology, to join our international team of Medical Directors in EMEA. This
role can be office-based or home based.
The Medical Director will be responsible for providing medical
support and medical advice for clinical trials and safety evaluation within the PPD
• Provide study, project and program-specific medical monitoring and
review services, including but not restricted to:
• Managing of all medical aspects of contracted tasks. Monitoring of
• Discussing with clients, investigators and healthcare professionals
of medical issues in the pre and post approval services by using proper medical judgment,
interpretation and decision.
• Provide medical consultation to team members and answer study
related medical questions. Communicate clearly with associates and clients, maintaining and open
line of communication to ensure all procedures are followed appropriately
• Analysis and assessment of safety data to identify and manage
emerging safety signals.
• Medical review of individual case safety reports, serious adverse
event reports and clinical outcome reports.
• Assist in Business Development activities
• Present PPD standard medical safety processes to clients at
business development meetings and communicate with various medical communities to explore and
expand PPD business.
• Participate in training of project teams.
• Provide therapeutic and protocol training as needed.
• Write, review and approve reports, regulatory submissions and
protocols, ensuring that the medical content is accurate and complete.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced MD from the
Oncology therapeutic area to join an industry-leading organization that offers excellent
prospects and growth and development.
Education & Qualifications
• MD, MB/BS or equivalent degree and strong medical knowledge, proven
clinical experience managing Oncology patients in hospital practice and Oncology
• Significant experience within pharmaceutical industry, clinical
trials or pharmaceutical medicine is beneficial
• Is fluent in spoken and written English
• Solid understanding of regulatory guidelines for adverse event
• Strong communication & presentation skills and is a strong team
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and
recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both
professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from
an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We
are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish
to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most
urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from