PPD is a leading global contract research organization
providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management
services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As an Associate Metrologist you will provide maintenance on various laboratory instrumentation and equipment under direction from senior staff.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides maintenance on various laboratory instrumentation and equipment under direction from senior staff. Installs, calibrates, and qualifies routine and remedial maintenance. Performs and documents work in accordance with standard operating procedures and established maintenance schedules to meet regulatory requirements. Works with lab staff and schedules maintenance and trains others on equipment as needed.
- Performs scheduled routine maintenance on active instrumentation and equipment.
- Performs scheduled calibrations/qualifications on active instrumentation and equipment to include IQ (Installation Qualification), OQ (Operational Qualification) and PQ (Performance Qualification).
- Performs remedial maintenance on active instrumentation and equipment.
- Provides installation oversight of new laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Follows vendor documentation relating to PM, calibration/qualification and repairs.
- Addresses audits (internal or external client) on laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Evaluates lab support records for compliance with SOPs, reviews for completeness and accuracy and reports findings.
PPDLABSEducation and Experience:
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of FDA and GXP regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge and understanding of laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- Working knowledge with systems in use at PPD or within the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry
- Basic troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, clients and all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you