PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
PPD’s Project Management department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partner directly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. The Project Management team oversees the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support our clients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
We have an exciting new role in our PM team for Associate Project Manager. This is an entry point into the Project Management Team and is a step into building experience in defined operational deliverables. The successful candidate will drive and own a sub-set of project-specific activities as directed by the Project Lead. The role holder provides ownership related to the compilation of tasks to support overall delivery of the project (quality, time, cost).
We’re seeking the most talented people who want to be project managers and PPD leaders in the future. To be successful, you will be a results orientated proactive individual, demonstrating effective communcation skills and a strong internal/external customer focus with the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Own a sub-set of project tasks as deputized by the Project Lead to support the cross-functional delivery of the project
- Create, track and update project plans
- Compile project reports and status updates
- Coordinate and lead internal & external (if needed) project team meetings
- Contributes to the day-to-day management of project finances including performing financial analyses, updates and required follow-up with functional leads when necessary
- Own vendor management activity
- Bring together information from internal project functions to coordinate the execution of project deliverables
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional gathering of information for the project Risk Register (from initiation to closure)
- Maintain compliance with all PPD policies , SOPs , ICH- GCP, regulatory and project specific requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, to include effective use of systems and applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as PPD systems (CTMS, Preclarus, Clarity)
- Solid attention to detail and process focused
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proactive and results-driven
- Attentive to stakeholder needs
- Good organizational, time management and planning skills to coordinate multiple projects and changing priorities
- Basic therapeutic area awareness
- Good understanding of the key principles of project management (time, quality, cost), including basic financial acumen
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.