Title: Associate QA Auditor
Department: Quality Assurance –ICD
Location: Richmond, VA
*This is an office based position.*
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
The Associate Quality Auditor reviews laboratory data and reports for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, analytical methods, and FDA's Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Most work is supervised closely until the individual is adequately trained in the audit procedures, proper documentation, QA departmental policies and procedures, and GLP regulations.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Conducts a variety of routine client, internal or GxP audits
- Assists or may conduct non-complex process audits
- Performs other types of QA audits or activities (e.g. database audits, clinical study report audits, sample results tables, facility audits, process improvement)
- Serves as a resource to operational departments on audit or quality assurance subject matter
- Assists in the preparation of audit findings and/or other related information
- Transports documents from lab to QA on a daily basis.
Education and Experience:
Associate Auditor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in science (chemistry or biology preferred) or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Associates' degree and relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Previous lab or QA experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job(comparable to 0-1year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with applicable GxP and appropriate regional regulations (e.g., FDA and other regulatory agency guidelines)
- Thorough working knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practice Documents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including appropriate use of medical and scientific terminology)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Good problem solving abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn and become proficient with appropriate software
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Call to Action:
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you