Biopharmaceutical Associate Scientist - Athlone, Ireland
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of Associate Scientist is required to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure small and large biomolecules such as proteins, peptides, nucleotides/oligonucleotides, DNA, carbohydrates/polysaccharides and liposomes using a wide range of analytical instrumentation. The Associate Scientist is expected to follow validated or experimental analytical procedures with occasional direct supervision from a group leader. Following sample analysis, the Associate Scientist is responsible for review and compilation of results.
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
- Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
- Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in Biochemistry or related course
- 1 year work experience within a GMP laboratory
- 1 year Industry experience with Lab techniques relevant to Biopharm: HPLC, UPLC, Electrophoresis (CE, iCE, SDS-PAGE), ELISA, spectrophotometry.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Joining Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you. 1
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.