Biopharmaceutical Senior Scientist - Athlone, Ireland ( Joining bonus €3000 )
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of Biopharm Senior scientist is to perform complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical products and proficiently uses analytical instrumentation, calculates and analyses data and records data. Routinely acts as the project leader on multiple projects, interacts with clients, reviews and evaluates data, writes reports and protocols. Responsible for the scientific conduct of the project and communication of regulatory issues with senior level team members.
- Independently performs method validations, method transfers and analytical testing of pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations.
- Designs and executes experiments with minimal supervision.
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Communicates data and technical issues to the client and responds to client needs
- Mentors, trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other team members and assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Assists in designing method validation or method transfer protocols and establish project timelines.
- Reviews data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry / Biochemistry.
- 5 years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in the following lab testing areas HPLC, UPLC, Electrophoresis (CE, iCE, SDS-PAGE), ELISA, spectrophotometry.
- Experience in Method Validation, Method Transfer and Analytical testing.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Excellent attention to detail
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Joining Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you. 1
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.