Home-based anywhere in the US.
Full-Time Regular w/ benefits
This role supports PPD's CDM PSO(process's, systems, optimization) team within Clinical Data Management. This is not a client facing or traditional Programming role although the right candidate will have extensive experience within CDM Programming.
Serves as the lead/technical project manager working within clinical data management systems and programming tools to provide technical leadership and expertise in data management activities and deliverables including, but not limited to, database development and data validations. Acts as a leader within a multi-disciplinary project team communicating effectively with the team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget. Leads/manages deliverables and the study day to day activities, interacts with clients. Provides technical leadership across departmental processes and projects. Identifies and participates in the development of needed tools and process improvements to increase efficiencies within the project and the team. Essential Functions and Other Job Information:
- Independently performs all of the following within the timelines established by the team, in accordance with the process outlined in the departmental procedures and indicated by the project contract:
- Designs, builds and tests project databases.
- Designs, builds and tests project edit checks.
- Defines and imports data into the system.
- Defines, creates and tests listings for data review and performs programming activities in line with project requirements.
- Researches and leverages resources to resolve issues and manage increasingly complex tasks through the development and application of new knowledge and/or professional skills in areas including programming and technology and leadership of project team in delivering tasks.
- Assumes leadership responsibility and technical leadership. Trains, mentors and coordinates the activities of other programmers.
- Manages complex and challenging assignments to meet timelines and deliver high quality work, ensuring adherence to any relevant contractual obligations or limits. Works directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines.
- Participates in departmental or corporate process initiatives
- Contributes to the creation and validation of reporting tools / standard applications / enhanced processes, and works with IT in troubleshooting, reporting and resolving system issues.
- Allocates and coordinates resources within the team to achieve timelines.
- Acts as a representative of the department to other divisions.
- Assists in bidding and business development activities, as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years’).
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
Strong leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate
effectively on a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and
the ability to mentor and work well with others
Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with
challenging/conflicting deadlines, and to negotiate schedule changes in response to project
Strong SAS programming skills
- Expert knowledge of relational database systems (RDBMS) and structure
Expert knowledge of programming tools SAS, SQL, Crystal Reports,
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
Capable of attaining, maintaining and applying a working knowledge
of GCPs and applicable SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations for process development and improvement
Strong attention to detail and ability in identification and
effective resolution of technical problems
- Capable of mentoring as shown by leadership of projects
Familiarity with project budget creation, including modifying for
project updates Delivery and quality driven.
Working Conditions and Environment:
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to
electrical office equipment.
Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both
domestic and international.
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.