We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of Cell lab Scientist's primary responsibilities involve supporting the design, conduct and oversight of development projects to create and validate new bioassay methods, enhancing existing methods, and transferring client-provided methods.
- Under limited supervision, the Scientist's primary responsibilities involve supporting the design, conduct and oversight of development projects to create and validate new bioassay methods, enhancing existing methods, and transferring client-provided methods.
- Consulting with clients on a ongoing basis with project updates.
- Training / Mentoring junior scientists on the team
- Troubleshooting of instruments and method performance, and
- Preparing technical reports and papers.
- Hands-on quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell-based assay techniques.
- Working within ICH and USP guidelines and FDA GMP regulatory requirements.
- Degree or equivalent in Life science Biochemistry, immunology or cell biology
- Experience in developing cellular and immunologically based assays
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team as well as working off own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment requiring frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to train/mentor junior staff.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Joining Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you. 1
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.