Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES) is a business unit of PPD that offers both sponsors and contract research organizations best-in-class clinical trial research site and patient enrollment solutions, with tiered offerings combining the expertise, as needed, of industry leaders PPD, Synexus, Acurian and Optimal Research.
Our success is based on a simple, but crucial, principle. We place the patient at the heart of everything we do. Synexus is a world class Site Network Organisation with global expertise spanning patient recruitment, trial planning, management and patient retention.
We recruit and retain more engaged patients, at fewer sites, and in less time than traditional centres, enhancing the quality and efficiency of our customers’ drug development programmes.
Bonus: up to 10% of annual salary based on site performance.
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities (including PMST).
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical research industry?
Do you want to improve patient’s lives for the better and be involved in game changing clinical trials across numerous therapy areas?
As a Research Physician at one of our Dedicated Research Sites (DRS), you will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of the site through the safe performance of your local clinical studies.
We have 9 x sites in the UK which allow us to cover a broad range of therapeutic areas - Thames Valley, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, Chorley, Liverpool, Hexham, North Tees & Glasgow.
You could be interested in full time, permanent roles but we would also be keen to talk to individuals who are also interested in part-time and temporary freelance opportunities.
Upon completion of your training, you will also act as the principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator for some or all of the studies at your site where you accept responsibility for all sponsor research studies while also ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met.
This role will also see you demonstrating leadership capability through your guidance and training of colleagues while you work on multiple studies.
Key roles and responsibilities of a Clinical Research Physician are:
- Acting as principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met
- Conducting clinical trials in line with the protocol and to ensure the recruitment of eligible participants onto the studies
- Review screening, pre-screening and screening success rates for clinical trials
- Providing information and support to consenting participants for a clinical study
- Taking responsibility for ensuring serious adverse events / adverse events are reported appropriately
- Having responsibility for the medical wellbeing of participants during the clinical trial and referral to specialists or GP as required
To be considered for a Research Physician you will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- GMC registered doctor with license to practise
- Previous exposure with commercial research or a real passion/interest in the Clinical Research industry
- Have working knowledge of GCP (ICH/GCP and local regulations compliance)
- Demonstrate the inclination to provide practical help and guidance to colleagues, providing practical solutions for any problems and supporting their development
- Show meticulous attention to detail in recording patient information and data ensuring any queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Be team player, capable of building and sustaining relationships with colleagues as well as patients
Interested? Great, please apply ASAP.