Manages cross-functonal proposal processes, stakeholders, and timelines to ensure contract proposals and/or modifications are completed accurately throughout the project lifecycle. Prepares and analyzes budgets and costing models based on client information contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and/or databases.
Essential Functions and Other Job Information:
- Manages proposal bid and budget negotiation process, synthesizing detailed client requirements in collaboration with key internal stakeholders to determine appropriate resource and budget allocation.
- Assesses customer requirements and develops budget strategy and pricing to balance commercial and financial needs.
- Develops and reviews analyses of client budget to actual data, validate calculations and forecasting, and ensure accurate output of data in client required templates.
- Responsible for the development of fair market value estimates for investigator grants in accordance with the protocol, adapting pricing procedures to the specifics of therapeutic area, phase, site selection, and pricing model, etc.
- Finalizes documents for distribution to the customer and internal departments, performing quality control edits to ensure accuracy, proper data formatting and validation, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensures proposals concisely and accurately reflect strategy discussions, meet client needs, offer consistent messaging, include relevant differentiators, and convey value proposition and critical success factors.
- Works on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Contacts are primarily internal to the company with external customer / vendor contact on routine matters. Builds productive internal / external working relationships.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Project leadership and consultancy skills with ability to function as an effective and respected partner to clients
- Strong negotiation skills
• Advanced knowledge of financial principles and best practices
• Ability to apply advanced knowledge, skills, and expertise to analysis
• Good business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
• Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization