We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it.
We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity
and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and
winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
As a Contracts Specialist your main duties will be to assist in the preparation, negotiation and finalization of contracts with investigative sites. A contract specialist also liaises and establishes effective relationships with internal functional teams.
Essential Functions of the role also include:
· Drafts, reviews, negotiates and finalizes amendments and budgets with study sites in accordance with local/accepted process.
· Negotiates within approved parameters both investigator grant budget negotiation parameters, contractual terms and conditions in accordance with contractual considerations, client contractual considerations, established process with clients and follows established escalation routes.
· Ensures compliance to established negotiation parameters, authority approval, contractual process and client expectations.
· Ensures compliance of budgetary guidance, templates and process.
· Coordinates with internal functional departments to ensure various site startup activities are aligned with contractual activities and mutually agreed upon timelines; ensures alignment of contract negotiation process for sites and study are properly aligned to the critical path for site activation.
· Achieves target cycle times for site activations.
· Ensures guidelines and processes are followed for efficient escalation of out of parameter issues, as applicable.
· Completes tracking and reporting as required and assists all other specialists with tracking and reporting as required.
Our team is expanding, so if this role seems interesting for you, here are the requirements:
Education and Experience:
Legal university degree
1 year experience with contract negotiation is mandatory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Basic understanding of clinical trial agreements
· Basic ability to apply basic principles of investigator grant negotiation
· General understanding of business and financial principles that related to service agreements
· Effective communication skills (verbal & written) in English and local language
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent analytical and decision based thinking
· Able to work independently or in a team environment
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Working knowledge of PPD SOP & WPDs
· Able to organize competing priorities logically and review outstanding contractual risk and issues
· Able to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications
· Ability to demonstrate a customer focused style of communication, problem solving and collaboration
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.