We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the Department:
Our colleagues in Corporate Communications strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
About the Position:
The Corporate Communications Associate Manager will develop and deliver strategic and tactical communications initiatives for PPD executives and their respective teams.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Responsibilities include supporting corporate-wide communications efforts, developing executive messaging and helping plan employee outreach events for leaders. Specific duties will include:
- Writing and editing company wide communications
- Producing content for company’s intranet, including news articles, opinion pieces, videos, infographics, etc.
- Participating in planning, communications and/or content development for corporate events
- Developing talking points, scripts and/or PowerPoint presentations for company leaders
- Working with highly confidential information, adhering to company and department policies and SEC and AP guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding and experience in applying AP guidelines
- Proven planning, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, make good decisions and apply sound judgment
- Strong experience in corporate brand and product positioning
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product
- Experience in SharePoint /intranet content development and management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to consistently negotiate expectations and outcomes with management and external vendors
- Ability to consistently work well with others
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop Working
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require occasional travel to other offices or corporate events (10%)