As a Data Manager - Labs you will coordinate all data management project management-related activities, including all aspects necessary for a successful setup, conduct and closeout of assigned studies. Your relationship skills will help build strategic partnerships with our clients to ensure future business.
- Presents requested materials to sponsors.
- Plans and monitors all activity during the conduct phase of the study, including the training/re-training of support staff on routine reports and transfers, as well as facilitating the cleaning process to ensure a clean database lock period.
- Proactively leads the closeout/lock of the database by working with internal (IS and PM) and external (recipient/sponsor) clients to coordinate all final lock processes - namely final cleaning, unblinding when applicable, and final lock notification.
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the
people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion
for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture
as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and professional experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 1-3 years prior Data Management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with PM and the Sponsor/recipient to effectively negotiate timelines.
- Proven track record of customer-driven interaction with external customers, including sponsors, CROs, reference labs, and any other external contact (e.g. EDC vendor).
- Basic knowledge of reading and interpreting user requirements documents to develop a product (i.e. interpret a Data Transmission Agreement from sponsor/ recipient and create an appropriate format)General programming/logic knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office products (particularly Excel)
- Outstanding oral and written communication Skills
- Exceptional time management, planning, organizational skills
- Proven track record of successful risk management techniques and/or the ability to mitigate risks before they become issues.
- Proficient in presenting materials at industry level
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate others
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment
- Demonstrated strength in ability to build relationships with diverse groups (e.g. labs, IT, PM, Sponsor/CRO)
- History of proactively initiating work and self-managing peaks and valleys of a position.
PPD is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – embracingdiversity and the responsibilities of corporate citizenship in ourcommunities. PPD values our formermilitary and transitioning service member’s service.