We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the Department:
PPD Digital is PPD’s dedicated business unit responsible to accelerate decentralized trials via strategic consultancy and excellence in execution.
We offer flexible trial solutions across the decentralized (DCT) spectrum to increase patient access and improve the patient experience, resulting in time efficiencies and data quality enhancements.
PPD Digital applies solutions drawing upon our operational, patient centered research and regulatory expertise. We design the optimal flexible strategy to extend patient reach and enhance data collection utilizing PPD assets and industry-leading technology and healthcare organizations.
Our solutions fit the trial to the patient, rather than the patient to the trial. We overcome the geographic barriers associated with the traditional brick-and-mortar site visit and reduce the patient burden through a compelling patient-centered experience integrated seamlessly into everyday life.
We act as industry leaders whilst driving to bend the time cost curve for our clients.
About the Position:
Come join our team as PPD Digital revolutionizes the patient and site experience! We have an exciting remote position open for a Digital Programmer. This role serves as programmer on digital studies (eCOA) of all complexities and size scales and works directly with project team leaders in programming activities.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
- Performs tasks following the timelines established by the team, in accordance with the process outlined in departmental procedures and indicated by the project contract.
- Designs, builds, and unit tests digital solutions such as eCOA, Televisit, eConsent, remote consent, and patient engagement.
- Acts as primary Digital Implementation Manager for standalone Televisit or eConsent projects acting as both programmer and Digital Implementation Manager.
- Researches and leverages resources to resolve issues and manage increasingly complex tasks through the development and application of new knowledge and/or professional skills in areas including programming and technology and leadership of project team in delivering tasks.
- Works directly with project team leaders and client representatives to assess and develop project goals and timelines.
- Participates in departmental or corporate process initiatives.
- Allocates and coordinates resources within the team to achieve timelines.
- Assists in bidding and business development activities, as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5-8 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Programming in eCOA platforms required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively on a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and the ability to mentor and work well with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines, and to negotiate schedule changes in response to project demands
- Strong configuration/programming skills
- Some knowledge in programming tools such as SAS, SQL, Crystal Reports, SpotFire and JReview
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Capable of attaining, maintaining and applying a working knowledge of GCPs and applicable SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations for process development and improvement
- Strong attention to detail and ability in identification and effective resolution of technical problems
- Capable of mentoring as shown by leadership of projects
- Familiarity with project budget creation, including modifying for project updates
- Delivery and quality driven
No management responsibility
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal travel (0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.