We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
PPD Digital is PPD’s dedicated business unit responsible to accelerate decentralized trials via strategic consultancy and excellence in execution.
We offer flexible trial solutions across the decentralized (DCT) spectrum to increase patient access and improve the patient experience, resulting in time efficiencies and data quality enhancements.
PPD Digital applies solutions drawing upon our operational, patient centered research and regulatory expertise. We design the optimal flexible strategy to extend patient reach and enhance data collection utilizing PPD assets and industry-leading technology and healthcare organizations.
Our solutions fit the trial to the patient, rather than the patient to the trial. We overcome the geographic barriers associated with the traditional brick-and-mortar site visit and reduce the patient burden through a compelling patient-centered experience integrated seamlessly into everyday life.
We act as industry leaders whilst driving to bend the time cost curve for our clients.
About the Position:
The Digital Testing Engineer will function as subject matter expert for various types of testing methodologies required for the PPD Digital department. The Digital Testing Engineer will lead testing efforts in the various stages of technology implementation, including eCOA.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
Reviews technical requirements and provides analysis on testing approach and content for the technology being deployed in the project
- Leads test planning, documentation, test execution, error reporting, analysis and error verification
- Works with Digital group and business test groups to support quality and acceptance testing
- Conducts regression testing as needed per our control guidelines
- Attend design meetings to understand technology requirements to prepare for testing of solution
- Support existing business applications and end user training and documentation
- Contribute to internal process and system enhancements
- Adherence to established software development life cycle methodology and internal controls governing Change Management
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience with eCOA and other clinical trial technology solutions that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2-5 years for I level, 5-8 years’ for Senior level, 8 years’ for Principal level).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with system testing and writing test documentation (including script writing)
- Understanding of the testing processes and SDLC
- System testing experience with digital technology including eCOA
- Experience working with IT Developers on system enhancements and new functionalities
- Confident self-starter
- Organized and Detail Oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to organize and present information in clear and concise formats
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal as-needed travel (under 0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we would love to hear from you.