Description - External
This position will be responsible for managing the global corporate income tax provision process and US International tax compliance process. The ideal candidate would have significant experience in accounting for income taxes, proven skills in process improvement and communication skills, as well as significant expertise and experience with the international provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This position is responsible for preparing and/or reviewing the international aspects of the provision including financial statement footnotes and disclosures.
- Management of the worldwide income tax accounting process including:
- Preparing and/ or reviewing US international calculations related to the Tax Provision and Uncertain Tax Positions
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statement footnote and disclosures.
- Overseeing the data collection and preparation by worldwide controllers, internal tax department staff and outside consultants.
- Manage Tax issues related to APB23
- Maintain, update and document controls around the tax provision process related to international operations.
- Calculate and/or review effects of purchase accounting throughout the company and assist with M&A diligence and integration
- Prepare the provision to return adjustments for US International group
- Review reconciliations of income tax payable/receivable and deferred tax accounts
- Lead research of complex US International tax issues and draft memos documenting conclusions
- Ability to assess changing US International tax law and accounting standards and document impact on the provision process
- Evaluate, monitor and reduce US International tax exposures
- Identify areas for process improvements
- Assist in the development of Department staff, seniors and managers
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business or Taxation
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in ASC 740 preferably with a Big 4 Accounting Firm
- CPA required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes
- Good knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision and Tax Return Software a big plus
- Strong organizational, analytical and managerial skills
- Self-Starter with excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to analyze complex data and multitask
PPD is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) that will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status by embracing diversity and the responsibilities of corporate citizenship in our communities. PPD values our former military & transitioning service member’s service.