This Procurement leader develops, directs and implements large, complex, business critical, regional and global strategic sourcing initiatives to achieve savings and cost effectiveness to support PPD’s externally sourced corporate service needs. Total spend managed is $150-200M/year or larger.
- Global category ownership with responsibility for the execution of sourcing strategies for employee benefits and rewards, education and training, recruitment, relocation, temporary personnel services, consulting services, facility services, and office supplies.
- Position requires fostering trust and high levels of engagement with business partners in Human Resources, Facilities, Legal, IT, and Finance.
- Leadership role to influence business strategies, leverage emerging trends, and identify opportunity areas that deliver sustainable value. Enabler of change introducing new ideas and innovative sourcing solutions.
- Directs cross-functional teams through a sourcing management process using spend data analytics, market research and cost modeling to identify and leverage high value opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable value, operational efficiencies and risk mitigation to the business.
- Regularly interacts with executive management and is responsible for coaching Sourcing Managers, and Analysts.
- Will develop, maintain and implement a 2-year strategic plan and ensure all projects supporting the strategic plan deliver maximum value.
- Serves as the global subject matter expert for the Corporate Service Procurement category and relationship manager for select strategic suppliers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 – 12 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. 5 years of leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accomplished in Corporate Services category management (5 years ) including 3 years in Human Resources.
- Strong experience with negotiation of contract and commercial terms and conditions and able to coach others (5 years )
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple projects concurrently (5 years )
- Strong global leadership & influence skills that inspire trust, collaboration, operational excellence (4 years )
- Strong financial analytical skills for conducting benchmarking, market research, data analytics, cost modeling including Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), business case development, and reporting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and tailor messages to the given audience.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to influence others, manage competing internal stakeholder priorities, and identify new sourcing opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort with ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data.
- Demonstrated executive presence with strong consultation and presentation skills.
- People management experience is preferred
- C.P.M./CPSM certification desirable
Working Conditions and Environment: Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.Physical Requirements: Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequent mobility required. Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration. Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task. Regular and consistent attendance.Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.