PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
PPD’s Project Delivery department is a global team organized by therapeutic area. We partner directly with our clients to deliver projects from study start-up through close-out activities. In Project Delivery, you will oversee the delivery of PPD groups collaborating to support our clients. In short, you are a crucial piece in earning the trust of our clients.
We have a new opportunity for Director/Senior Director vacancy in our global Infectious and Respiratory Disease Team based in the EMEA region. It can be office or home based in the region. Ideally we seek a candidate with solid Virology experience.
The D/SD, Project Delivery provides strategic direction, leadership and management across multiple divisions to direct the delivery of projects/programs within cost, time and quality requirements. Provides direct supervision, support, training and mentoring to a staff of Associate Directors and Directors, Project Management.
Works globally with other groups to develop new business and to deliver existing business. Responsible for achieving overall financial goals (sales/repeat business, revenue and profitability). Works with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately.
This position is be responsible for directing and leading the activities within the Infectious and Respiratory Disease therapeutic area within the EMEA region and accountable for the P&L of this areas. Develops and drives the specific and overall Infectious and Respiratory Disease strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievement of annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading change initiatives within the therapeutic area and works with peers of the Infectious and Respiratory Disease area in the overall leadership of the Project Management group.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or licensed certified health care training or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- A demonstrated track record of success in clinical development (equivalent to 10 years) and in leading and developing professional staff in a project led environment;
- Proven experience developing and managing the budgets and resources of a segment of the business;
- Experience in the Infectious Disease therapeutic area (inc Virology);
- Experience using project management software;
- Valid Passport and ability to travel globally (approx 20%);
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong financial acumen;
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability;
- Effective organizational skills and negotiation skills;
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and application;
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and resource management;
- A relationship builder who is able to work effectively in matrix organizations;
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and Directives;
- Skilled in process improvement, especially as it applies to clinical trials, clinical development and project management;
- Knowledge of medical therapeutic area and medical terminology;
- Strong marketing and negotiation skills.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application online – we’d love to hear from you.