PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our Project Delivery team directs, coordinates and manages the technical and operational aspects of projects, securing the successful completion of clinical trials. We collaborate with functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project and ensure that solutions are implemented.
We have a new vacancy for Executive Director in our Peri and Post Approval Team (Interventional Studies) as Business Optimization Lead. This is open across the EMEA region.
Responsible for overseeing and executing the department’s business strategy aimed to inform and align with the agreed AOP. Responsible for development of an infrastructure to drive a pro-active business growth strategy and support sustainable business growth. Collaborates with PPD Project Delivery teams to align on Therapeutic Unit business strategies and supplement these with Late Phase strategic insights. Partners with PPAS-INT Project Quality and Finance Management to define, track, and continuously optimize key leading operational performance indicators, optimize the effectiveness of the department and to ensure quality deliverables that meet customer expectations. Provides leadership and coordinates with TU Project Delivery and GCD functional management to ensure proper study conduct. Provides strategic business development support for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with customers.
- Strategically drives change and coordinates specific actions associated with PPAS-INT strategic growth plan including liaising with commercial team and cross enterprise functions
- Provide drug development process, strategy, and planning consulting with BioPharma, Biotech and Venture Capital partnerships’ leads and clients/potential clients to optimally position PPAS-INT capabilities
- Maintain an understanding of current and future late phase market trends that may impact current and/or future innovative PPAS-INT business growth and operational delivery strategies
- Assures alignment with PPD Project Delivery teams for current and future late phase market trends regarding possible impact to, or considerations for the business strategies.
- Scan the phase 3b/4 therapeutic and operational landscape and take account of wider impacts to develop long-term implementation strategies that maximize opportunities to add value
- Partner with development operations and biotech portfolio leads to identify opportunities and to increase visibility into key target accounts
- Chair/co-Chair PPAS-INT New Business meetings with key stakeholders. Responsible for focused agenda, communication of expectations to participants, documentation of outcomes, actions, and follow-up
- Support the PPAS-INT Therapeutic Area Leads to leverage and consolidate all available data to build project strategy. Balance use of external research and data within PPD’s internal data sources
- Provides support to the development and execution of the PPAS_INT business strategy, and infrastructure optimization to support innovative clinical trials and to ensure excellence in performance.
- Develops strategic relationships with internal and external customers, and partners with Business Development in retaining clients and in securing new business, specifically in securing new partnerships.
- Partners with PPAS-INT TALs and PPAS-INT Project Quality and Finance Management to define, track, and optimize key leading operational performance indicators to enable a learning culture of continuous improvement
- Prepares and co-ordinates business growth and optimization content and delivers presentations PPAS Leadership
- Collaborates with the PPAS Integrated Solutions Lead to conduct formal analysis of PPAS-INT win/loss metrics and facilitates cross functional meetings to review performance and opportunities to optimize win rate
- Collaborates with the PPAS Project Quality and Finance Management to provide guidance/coaching to achieve PPAS-INT alignment and compliance in adoption and use of all process and technology tools (e.g. PPAS/Preclarus Dashboards, eTMF compliance).
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in science or business required.
15 years of experience in a CRO, biopharma or biotech services industry, which includes phase 1-3 clinical research as well as Medical Affairs (late phase) research experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO. Deep understanding, knowledge, and networking of the biopharma or biotech industries.
Practical strategic drug development experience is considered an advantage.
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic thinker with Advanced Analytical
capabilities and a process improvement.
• Advanced leadership skills and executive presence
• Exceptional negotation skills and ability to effectively influence executive/c-suite team members
• Excellent business and commercial acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the Late Phase Pharmaceutical Landscape
• Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Advanced knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and project finance management
• Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
• Track record of building peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
• Expertise in motivating and integrating teams, as well as excellent coaching and mentoring skills
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you