**This is a per diem position meaning hours are not guaranteed, but typically average between 25-29 hours/week**
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research. Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Cook Assistant you will assist in the preparation of food to subjects in accordance with PPD expectations, study protocols, FDA, and Health Department standard practices and procedures.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Assists in food serving and preparation in accordance with PPD Clinic, FDA, and Health Department standard practices and procedures. Puts away deliveries according to department’s operating procedures. Maintains cleanliness of dining and work areas including refrigerated/non-refrigerated storage areas and equipment.
Assists Cooks in the preparation of all meals according to established procedures and practices.
Puts correct labels on leftover foods and refrigerates them immediately.
Washes dishes and cooking utensils.
Empties garbage/trash from the kitchen.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary School diploma required
- Food Handler’s Certificate Preferred
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0- 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and follow written and oral English instructions
- Basic math skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate electric kitchen equipment, cooking utensils, and gadgets
- Ability to accommodate sudden schedule changes to meet protocol expectations
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you