PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a Team Leader Automation you will transition, design, develop and/or validate qualitative and quantitative bioanalytical methods from manual assays to high-throughput automated platforms.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Transitions, designs, develops and/or validates qualitative and quantitative bioanalytical methods from manual assays to high-throughput automated platforms. Reviews and provides initial approval of all method/generic automation scripts. Develops innovative technology and trains laboratory staff for its implementation. Plans appropriate experiments and schedules resources and work hours to meet expected completion dates.
- Evaluates available technical options to obtain desired quality of analytical results, economics, ease of introduction into a production environment, and robustness in analytical application.
- Participates in audits (client and/or regulatory) as a technical resource as required.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to team members in order to improve their technical expertise and scientific knowledge. May recommend candidates for hiring or termination; prepares and conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews, and applies company policies.
- Creates and implements novel approaches to method development and application as appropriate (e.g. automated sample preparation techniques).Serves as a technical resource for complex programming activities and/or hardware issues on automated liquid handlers.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years).
- 1 year of leadership responsibility
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C#, VBScript highly preferred
- Demonstrated programming and/or hardware knowledge of automated liquid handlers such as Hamilton or TECAN platforms (or similar) required
- Proven leadership skills required
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of separation science and general chemistry
- Demonstrated understanding of GxP requirements, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
- Analytical problem solving abilities
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.