PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
Implementation Analysts configure and implement clinical trial systems, reports, notifications, and interfaces that are either web or phone based, that are moderate to high levels of complexity, and provides guidance to junior team members on less complex systems. Collaborates with system designers to understand initial system requirements and scope to code applications; performs unit, integration, and system testing, and partners with support staff on system maintenance and updates throughout the life of the system.
- Designs, configures and builds moderate to highly complex web and/or phone based clinical trial applications.
- Reviews designs for compliance/feasibility within the database system and consistency with any current standards and/or sponsor specifications
- Creates study specific technical documents.
- Meets with study teams on a regular basis during initial study setup to ensure effective communication and accuracy in development of systems
- Communicates proactively with all project team members and provides regular feedback to management concerning timeline/budget or resourcing constraints
- Provides general training and code review of systems programmed or configured by junior team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years).
- Must have SQL experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadline
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client’s proprietary data
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skill
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and a good team player
- Solid understanding of relational database systems (RDBMS) and structure
- Solid understanding of the identification and resolution of technical problems in a professional environment
- Firm understanding of the data exchange between applications is preferre
- Good understanding of webservices and working with APIs is preferred
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.