Infomration security analyst
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We currently have an opportunity for Information security analyst to join our IT team in Sofia,Bulgaria.
• Ensure consistency of security practice and standards across the organization
• Documentation of the procedures, policies and controls
• Conduct Information Security assessments including and documenting controls, identifying potential gaps and or inconsistencies and making sound recommendations for improvement and/or migration
• Capable to lead regular Information Security related auditing engagements (CSC, ISO27001, etc.)
• Collaborate on the technical definitions and oversee implementation of security controls and requirements for systems, infrastructure and solutions
• Identify and communicate effectively information security risks across the organization
• Design security controls for risk mitigation and assess residual risks.
• Provide assistance and know-how for evaluation, design and planning of security solutions
• Manage and investigate incidents related to breach of confidentiality, integrity or availability of data across the organization
• Support departments across the organization which require advice related to Information Security
• Conduct third party risk assessments and manage third party information security due diligence.
• Provide information security consultancy to project teams.
• Conduct security assessments following US government standards.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area or equivalent combination of professional
training and experience that provide the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and
• Experience in managing the information security frameworks such as ISO 27001
• Formal security certifications would be a plus: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an Information Security role
• Excellent understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies
• Experienced in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining treatment strategies
• Sound awareness of legal, technical and assurance principles as they relate to Information Security
• Understanding of GRC (Governance, Risk Management and Compliance) concepts.
• Experience and/or an understanding of operating system internals and network protocols and application technology security testing & system technology security testing (vulnerability scanning and penetration testing) is preferred
• Proven analytical and report-writing abilities
• Comfortable speaking technically with analysts and strategically with senior executives
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Able to manage competing priorities
• Inquisitive, high energy, and a strong will to win
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.