We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
PPD is currently recruiting for a Lab Manager, Operations to join our Central Laboratory in Zaventem, Brussels.
Supervises and assists group leaders, scientists, and medical technologists in laboratory operations with tasks such as scheduling, resource management, technical and compliance related issues. Plans, directs and implements improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory. Assists the division director in strategic planning, business development and expansion initiatives.
• Interacts with clients and business development on requests for proposals and project definition. Prepares, reviews and approves bids and proposals, scope of work and pricing. Negotiates with clients on timelines and pricing.
• Manages/directs work responsibilities of group leaders as well as prioritize talks and resources.
• Reviews data for technical quality and compliance to protocols, methods and SOPs. Reviews and approves laboratory investigation, deviations, and QA facility and data audits. Leads client and regulatory audits.
• Prepares and updates revenue projection reports, reviews Partner and timesheet reports for revenue recognition and billing, evaluates resource utilization reports and project profitability.
• Reviews and approves study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project related technical documentation.
• Assists in technical sales and marketing, prepares technical marketing materials, and participates in poster and podium presentations in technical conferences.
• Assists upper management in strategic planning, budgeting, new capabilities development and other responsibilities.
• Prepares and implements PPD SOPs and company operational policies. Ensures adherence and makes recommendations to quality system improvements.
Education and Experience:
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
• OR 5 years of management responsibility and Proven leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Full understanding of laboratory requirements, PPD and client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
• Proven technical troubleshooting analytical instrumentation and problem solving abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Project and time management skills
• Ability to implement quality systems and process improvements
• Ability to provide guidance to clients on analytical issues and regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
• Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated strategic planning skills
• Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.