Manager, Data Analytics - UK (Home Based)
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Data Analytics is an integral part of PPD’s risk-based monitoring strategy, driving centralized monitoring efforts through a new approach to risk surveillance and centralized statistical monitoring. This approach combines the power of statistical and analytical tools with expertise from operationally experienced staff to analyze and monitor clinical trial data. Data Analytics’ staff (CDLs) holistically explore study data to pinpoint meaningful signals, resulting in more efficient and effective resolution of issues and a proactive approach to risk detection. Using this data driven approach, study teams are able to quickly address systemic problems or site performance, directing remediation activities where needed, and positioning on-site monitoring activity in a targeted approach.
Due to expansion, PPD are hiring for a Manager, Data Analytics to provide tactical and strategic planning, operational oversight, support and direct supervision of the Clinical Data Liaison function within Data Analytics. This role works closely with functional area leads to evaluate signals of operational risk at various levels and be an adovcate for risk mitigation strategies.
- Supervise, mentor, train, coach CDL staff
- Project oversight, including production, quality, financial management
- Resource management and planning
- Client and Functional team participation, risk escalation
- Manage tools and analytical processes to detect, investigate, diagnose, and mitigate risk within clinical trials more efficiently and accurately from a global perspective
- Develop and manage project and program-specific risk analysis plans, analyze operational and patient clinical trial data to identify and characterize issues and trends that can be indicators of project risk and manage high impact escalations
- Broad trend and risk investigation, process improvements
- Support implementation of departmental and cross-functional initiatives
- May represent PPD and Data Analytics department in meetings
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, and experience.
- 1 year of leadership responsibility
Knowldged, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, coaching skills, motivate others
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills (oral and written)
- Prior experience and knowledge in supporting clinical trials, such as clinical monitoring, data management, or biostatistics
- Ability to manage project timelines and utilization targets
- Experience with Risk Management and ability to solve problems while adhering to regulatory guidelines
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.