Manager, Programming/Biostatistics - Europe (£/€10,000 Joining Bonus)
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our Biostatistics department are passionate about being data and technically agile, and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Team Leader or Manager to join our Biostatistics department in EMEA, working fully remotely in the UK or mainland Europe. As a Mgr, Biostatistics/Programming you will manage a team of Statisticians and Programmers within the department who are responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical trials from design through analysis and reporting, including client or regulatory interactions. Responsibilities include:
- Managing staff, which includes interviewing and selection, professional development, goal setting, performance management, behavioral and technical coaching and mentoring.
- Ensure effective resource and utilization management of staff.
- Support and coach staff to prepare and review statistical reports, clinical study reports, integrated summaries of safety, integrated summaries of efficacy and other documents as required.
- Contribute statistical methods section for integrated clinical statistical reports.
- Review integrated clinical statistical reports.
- Coach staff to effectively communicate with sponsors concerning project work scope and budgetary changes after reviewing with management.
- Aid departmental management in process-improvement strategies. Suggest, assess, and provide leadership in the department for such initiatives.
- Assure department adherence to good scientific, ethical, and regulatory standards.
- May act as lead statistician, project lead, or senior reviewer on multiple projcts, manages project team resources, budget, finance, timelines and ensures SOP compliance with appropriate documentation.
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field
- Extensive experience of programming/statistics in a clinical trial environment (min 6 years)
- Previous line management experience - min 1 year, ideally 2
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop staff
- Previous experience interviewing internal and external candidates
- Excellent understanding of the statistical principles underlying clinical trials
- Excellent statistical skills
- Excellent understanding of the regulatory issues associated with the reporting of clinical data in the submission process
- Great consultative skills
- Outstanding SAS® programming skills and familiarity of other statistical packages
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Capable of adapting and adjusting to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in the English language
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated initiative, motivation and problem solving skills
- Good mentoring skills as shown by leadership of multiple projects and team members
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.