Title: Lab Manager - Vaccine Sciences
Location: Richmond, Virginia
*Immediate opening, full benefits and relocation available!*
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
Our services are designed to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As a Lab Manager for the Vaccine Sciences department, you would ensure efficient and effective management of PPD resources, as well as supervise and assist scientists in laboratory operations. These tasks include scheduling, resource management, client interface and technical and compliance related issues. The Lab Manager leads people and initiatives to plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures in order to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory. This position assists division and departmental leadership in strategic planning, business development and expansion initiatives by providing mid-range (1-3 month) resource utilization predictions for a department.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 10 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
- 5 years of management responsibility
- Proven leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full understanding of laboratory requirements, PPD and client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
- Proven technical troubleshooting analytical instrumentation and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to implement quality systems and process improvements
- Ability to provide guidance to clients on analytical issues and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Strong organizational agility and demonstrated drive for results
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role: