PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Performs a wide variety of clinical laboratory analyses including assays that define complicated disorders of the cardiovascular, endocrine, hematological, hemostatic, thrombolytic, and renal systems. Evaluates individual and related laboratory data, recognizes patterns or trends that suggest significance of results.
- Performs, reviews, and interprets complex, esoteric, and routine chemical, hematological, coagulation, renal, lipid, and hormonal analyses by manual, automated, and/or microscopic means.
- Integrates analytical results with specific and highly varied clinical trial protocols to evaluate credibility, appropriateness and accuracy of test results in order to facilitate entry or exclusion of subjects from research programs.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs clinical laboratory equipment, including routine preventative maintenance, calibrations, and safety checks. Recognizes and pursues instrument problems and resolutions.
- Evaluates analytical reagents, calibrators, and QC standards to ensure the accuracy of analytical results.
- Evaluates quality control procedures, evaluates results, and implements corrective action when indicated. Assists in carrying out ongoing statistical data analysis to detect trends and problems and undertakes corrective action.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent critical thinking skills
Good time management and organizational skills
Ability to multi-task
Good written and oral communication skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
Work is performed in a laboratory and/or a clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
Occasional drives to site locations, occasional domestic travel.
Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
Rare exposure to skin and lung irritants, radiation, toxic materials and hazardous waste.
Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
Exposure to fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures on rare occasions.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.