Medical information Specialist with German, Cambridge UK - 5000 EUR Joining Bonus
Due to current campaign you will receive 5000 EUR Joining Bonus if you are able to start in March or April 2021.
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
Medical Communications is a global group providing inbound and outbound, post-approval contact center services designed to support our clients' business objectives for medical/technical information, while maintaining regulatory compliance and a high-level of customer service. Our teams deliver medical/technical information to healthcare professionals and consumers for both legacy and newly launched products. Come join our growing team of over 700 healthcare professionals providing medical information and education.
Currently we are looking for a new UK member to join us as Medical Information Specialist.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award-winning training programs speak for themselves. In Medical Communications, you’d be provided with 4-8 weeks of training and support! Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence- apply now!
Provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with quality customer service. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual’s expertise, experience and training.
- Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information or after-hours on call support.
- Analyzes caller’s questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP's, protocols, GCP's, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
Education and Experience:
Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Psychology or other related.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing) in German and English
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you live in UK, resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.