PPD, a world leading laboratory and clinical research company, will be opening a state-of-the art laboratory in Suzhou New District in March 2020. PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services are designed to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds, for all phases of pharmaceutical development.
As a Lab Manager for the vaccine sciences department, you would ensure efficient and effective management of PPD resources, supervise and assist scientists in laboratory operations with tasks such as scheduling, resource management, client interface and technical and compliance related issues. The Lab Manager leads people and initiatives to plan, direct and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory. This position assists division and departmental leadership in strategic planning, business development and expansion initiatives by providing mid-range (1-3 month) resource utilization predictions for a department.
Learn more about Vaccine Sciences at http://www.ppdi.com/Services/Laboratories/Vaccines-and-Biologics-Labs
B.S. in preventive medicine，basic medicine， medicine，clinical medicine，biology, medical laboratory technology or related science
or more years of experience
· M.S. in immunology, biochemistry and molecular biology, microbiology or related science plus 6 or more years of experience OR
· Ph.D. in immunology, biochemistry and molecular biology, microbiology or related science plus at least 4 years of experience OR
· With a Minimum 5 years people management experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or analytical contract laboratory industries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Management experience should
include vaccine sciences or other biological
products, stability/QC/analytical R&D/ project and program management, direct supervision of
technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations and implementation of process and system
· Expertise in vaccine sciences or other biological products, from assay development and validation to clinical trial sample testing (functional assays, ELISA, immunology or similar, PCR)
· Full understanding of GLP, cGMP requirements, PPD & client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
· Full understanding and knowledge of vaccine sciences or other biological products and related testing for CRO projects
· Ability to fully engage and have strong oversight both as a technical and people leader
· Proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
· Effective technical writing skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects in the pharmaceutical industry or contract laboratory environment
· Ability to implement quality systems and process improvements
· Ability to provide guidance to clients on analytical issues and regulatory requirements
· Understanding of budgeting, revenue projections and other financial terms and definitions at it applies to the business
· Supervisory skills in resource allocation, hiring and recruiting and other related functions
· Leadership skills especially interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven ability to cope with a dynamic work environment
· Experience and technical knowledge with experimental design and troubleshooting, serving as a technical expert or a competent scientific contributor.
· Review, analyse, question, and present appropriate, supported and accurate answers on project and program inquiries.
· Ability to communicate and troubleshoot and provide suggestions for next steps or a proposed path forward for new ideas and problem resolution.
· Lead teams and constantly evaluate functional areas, process work streams, align the distribution of talent for opportunities, streamline operations, maintain or increase quality, and enhance systems.
· Ability to build and manage peer relationships, networks, and talent.
· Collaborative skills to support reaching across boundaries and cross-functional teams to accomplish goals with positive outcomes.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, negotiation and motivation skills and conflict resolution skills.
· Able to deal successfully with a dynamic and increasingly fast-paced and changing environment; ability to see big picture scope of activities, and to identify the key challenges, and forming a strategy and vision for the future that is sound and executable.
Our offer: As a compensation, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration, corporate trainings and the opportunity to become a part of a fast growing, multinational company. At PPD, we encourage our employees to demonstrate creativity, innovation and fresh insights as well as a solution-focused approach. We also value teamwork, camaraderie and enthusiasm. At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award-winning training programs speak for themselves! This is a full-time, permanent position based in Suzhou.
Relocation package can be offered to those relocating to Suzhou.
Note to candidates: may be required to travel to USA for several weeks of initial training. But it depends on the requirements of VSD and Covid-19 pandemic situation
Key Words: Vaccine vaccination vaccinated immunology viral virus virology bacterial bacteria bacteriology microorganism microbiology cell molecular organic biology chemistry chemist lab tech laboratory technologist analyst biochemistry genetics fungus contamination disease health aseptic sterile clear field Bunsen burner agar plate pharmaceutical drug development healthy molecular biology