Operational Bidding Specialist, Regulatory Affairs
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We have a new role within Regulatory Affairs for an Operational Bidding Specialist. This role supports the achievement of financial and business objectives by leading, assisting and developing high quality, customer focused proposals. The role collaborates with leaders and sponsors to produce end product.
This is a full-time position, based in EMEA.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluating RFPs and participating in strategy calls to determine the most efficient and effective bid strategy.
- Liaising with business development, contracts and proposals, and operations teams to ensure that the proposal and strategy meet the business needs.
- Consulting with internal subject matter experts to determine labor requirements, develop processes for non-standard activities, confirm client specific bidding standards and verify assumptions on specifications not identified in RFP.
- Modifying the proposal text to reflect study requirements and assumptions specific to the opportunity and ensures proposal text aligns with budget.
- Reviewing client grids to ensure accuracy of mapping and unit definitions.
- Preparing proposals and revisions for basic to moderately complex opportunities.
- You may interact with clients to assist in determining requirements and service levels.
- Attending bid review to present and defend budget to senior management.
- Updating and maintaining corporate databases as required and ensures accurate information is included in tracking reports.
What the role requires you to have:
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
· Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to provide recommendations on key proposal and budgeting parameters based on knowledge and experience
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities
· Knowledge of clinical trial proposal process and budget management
· Professional ability to interact with individuals at all levels
· Knowledge of drug development process, FDA guidelines, GCP’s
· Proficiency in mathematics and ability to work with budgets
· Understanding of unitized grids, unit cost, unit drivers
· Knowledge of functional area project life cycle
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
· Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Problem solving skills
· Proven flexibility and adaptability
· Excellent command of English language and grammar
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.