We have a vacancy in the EMEA region for the position of Operations Strategy Lead in the Neurology Project Delivery Team. This position is permanent and can be office or home based.
This role directly impacts the overall success of the proposal development process from receipt through client decision through the development, leadership and ownership of operational strategies, bid defence, and accountability for all related operational proposal deliverables, resulting in an increased RFP hit rate, and positive business growth. Leverages all opportunities to achieve targets while enhancing customer relations. Primarily responsible for RFPs and supplemental documents for complex, multi-region, multi-service clinical development projects/programs, complex RFI's, partnership and prospective selling initiatives and related client deliverables.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Converts commercial win strategy into operational strategy that maximizes RFP hit rate resulting in business growth for assigned area (TA or Segment); determines the level of proposal deliverable and key operations messages and manages the triage process within clinical operations to meet proposal deliverables.
- Ensures budget reflects operational strategy and manages operations proposal deliverable in order to achieve PPD profitability targets.
- Drives the development of the operations segment of the proposal deliverable within prescribed timelines, disseminates operational strategy to proposal team and develops KPI's, ensuring a successful operations segment of the deliverable.
- Collaborates with therapeutic and cross functional leadership team to assess success and profitability and ability to execute to plan, assessing process and bidding algorithms.
- Partners with Clinical operations, Commercial organization and GPD to enhance proposal efficiency management in order to decrease COS.
- Directs operations escalation process and advises commercial strategy team.
- Assesses cross functional satisfaction and recommends future actions to ensure the overall success of the process and outcomes.
- Recommends and implements revisions for Clinical Operations post-award to successfully execute proposal.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership skills in a matrixed environment; proven ability to effectively influence executive/c-suite team members relative to contribution to client deliverables
- Comprehensive understanding of the clinical project management, the business organization and functional areas and business strategy.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and strong commercial acumen
- Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise in proposal development and demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Strong organizational agility, negotiation skills, and demonstrated drive for results
- Proven ability to build peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Effective coaching, persuasion and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical skills, oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, prioritization and time management proficiencies
- Comprehensive understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices and advanced knowledge of operational/financial practices, SOPs, GCPs, and FDA/ICH guidelines with the ability to analyse and evaluate processes and procedures