PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
We are passionate about being data and technically agile and driving enhanced value for our clients and patients. Determined to improve patient health, we help PPD provide industry-leading statistical, programming and clinical pharmacology contributions through global delivery, consistent quality adherence and scientific insight.
As a Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible and accountable for the ordering, receiving, processing, storing, shipment and delivery, return drug accountability, reconciliation and destruction of clinical supplies returned by the clinical sites of drug products and medical devices for assigned studies.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Responsible and accountable for the ordering, receiving, processing, storing, shipment and delivery, return drug accountability, reconciliation and destruction of clinical supplies returned by the clinical sites of drug products and medical devices for assigned studies. Performs local purchases activities as per request. Responsible for logistics coordination of moderate to complex studies with little to no supervision. Actively problem solves and suggests solutions to logistics challenges.
- Oversee the daily drug product/medical device receipt, ordering, storage, inventory, distribution, return drug accountability and destruction.
- Ensure all activities executed by both owned Depot (s) and Third Depot (s) , comply with company SOPS, departmental WPDs and client requirements.
- Track inventories and expiration dates of all department drug products and medical devices. Issue monthly status reports.
- Perform any local purchase of IP and Supply upon request.
- Perform any other logistic & administrative activity according to the necessities and growth of the Country Department.
- Training on new Regulations concerning both Import/Exports and GMP activities.
- Maintain Updated PPD Owned Metrics Indicators Reports.
Education and Experience:
College diploma or above and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 3 years).
Logistics experience required as well as good English.
In some an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the complete clinical life cycle (i.e., manufacturing, packaging, labeling, import & export, storage & handling, distribution & delivery, return & reconciliation, final destruction).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
Strong customer service
orientation and attention to detail aligned with high standards of quality and
- Intermediate English and good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.