PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in Global Total Rewards strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
The Principal Benefits Specialist (known as the Principal Rewards Specialist at PPD) will have oversight responsibility for the PPD US medical plan, pharmacy programs and 401K plan. This role focuses on health and wellness plans in the US, to include: annual enrollment, vendor management and benefit plan discrimination testing. Focus for the 401K plans includes plan audits, discrimination testing and record keeping.
Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
- Manage and provide oversight for complex benefit programs and projects
- Provide consultation, guidance and support to HR partners HR Shared Services on benefit matters.
- Train, mentor and guide lower-level team members.
- Analyze market data to assess competitive position of benefits programs and develop recommended actions based on findings.
- Research and analyze new or revised regulations and legislation; provides assessment of impact and develops recommended actions.
- Manage local and national compliance requirements for benefit programs.
- Lead the audit functions for benefit programs based on local and national requirements.
- Participate in work stream for merger and acquisition related program integrations and transitions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous HR and benefits experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years’).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and mentor team members
- Demonstrated project leadership and consultancy skills with ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients
- Advanced knowledge of benefits theories, principles, programs, trends and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple compliance audits and legally required filings.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge, skills, and expertise to communicate and assist internal clients and managers to understand compensation and benefits
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand complex organizational structures and environments
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrates executive presence and strong presentation skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
No management responsibility
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal as-needed travel (0-10%)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we would love to hear from you.