We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
The Product Marketing Manager will increase commercial effectiveness and efficiency by clearly defining the value proposition of new and existing Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES) services and driving awareness and understanding of AES solutions among internal and external stakeholders. This team member collaborates with commercial and operations teams to create messaging, positioning, and materials for the purpose of conveying the most appropriate marketing message to target markets.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Develops, documents, and maintains new and existing AES solutions/capabilities foundational value propositions, messaging, and positioning for supported therapeutic areas and indications.
- Creates foundational sales materials to support general selling of new and existing AES solutions/capabilities for supported therapeutic areas and indications
- Creates commercial training content to drive awareness and understanding of new and existing AES solutions/capabilities in supported therapeutic areas and indications
- Reviews commercial collateral and drive consistent and accurate communication of AES solutions/capabilities across commercial touchpoints including marketing, business development, proposals, and communications
- Partners with Market Intelligence and other commercial stakeholders to identify and analyze target markets, understand market perception of AES solutions, develop market segmentation and competitive positioning, identify customer needs and determinate attributes, and create buyer personas
- Serves as liaisons between the organization and its customers, partners, trade associations, outside vendors, and media audiences.
- Ensures that all AES brand and all messages are communicated clearly, consistently and accurately across all marketing channels.
- Serves as a marketing contact for strategic partner projects, working closely with the business development team to grow business opportunities with selected clients.
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other relevant studies.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5-8 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Curious, motivated, self-directed
- Ability to analyze and synthesize disparate data into clear and concise facts
- Adept at converting product/service capabilities into marketing benefits and features
- Exceptionally strong writing/messaging skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build consensus
- Proven strategic marketing skills.
- Content development experience / deploying content to customers
- Thorough understanding of integrated marketing communications for services
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Works well under pressure and effectively prioritizes and manages multiple projects
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to manage outside agencies in order to fulfill project objectives
- Skilled in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficient with the Internet
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and goal-oriented
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in healthcare marketing.
- Clinical trial, contract research organization (CRO), pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, and/or agency background experience a plus
- B2B Marketing experience.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.