Programmer Analyst I/II (Phase I) - EMEA Home based or office based
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We are currently recruiting for a Programmer I to join our Phase I Statistics department in Europe, working fully home based in the UK or mainland Europe.
As a Programmer I you will perform programming activities for the statistical and computational considerations of research projects. Serving on a study team under the direction of a lead programmer. Responsibilities may include:
- Perform programming tasks as assigned by study project team leads that includes but is not limited to independently creating, executing, maintaining, and validating programs that transfer data across multiple data management systems or operating systems, combining data from a variety of sources and structures, generating and storing summary data from a variety of sources, generating reports or combining multiple databases and validating programs that generate listings, tables and figures using SAS and standard tools and processes.
- Prepare and analyse clinical trial patient datasets, such as laboratory data, vital signs data, tumor response data, imaging data, quality of life and well-being questionnaire data, or adverse events data, for clinical research purposes.
- Consult with researchers and multi-disciplinary project teams to analyze problems and recommend technology-based solutions and computational strategies for the specific project as assigned.
- Develop the customized codes to utilize existing tools and applications to provide the outputs or to validate outputs for clinical bioinformatics or technical use.
- Function as a contributing member of a multidisciplinary team, and under the oversight and review of management, may begin to assist with some lead programming activities.
- Increase knowledge base and professional skills in areas including programming, technology and techniques, clinical trials, and the pharmaceutical industry by working closely with mentors and attending presentation / teaching events
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications and experience:
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
1 years of experience working in Programming (previous CRO experience is highly desirable)
Solid SAS programming experience – MIN 1 year
Strong understanding of relational data base structure and complex data systems
Good attention to detail
Motivated and able to work well independently and as part of a wider team
Fluency in English is essential
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you