Configures and implements clinical trial systems, reports, notifications, and interfaces that are either web or phone based, that are moderate to high levels of complexity, and provides guidance to junior team members on less complex systems. Collaborates with system designers to understand initial system requirements and scope to code applications; performs unit, integration, and system testing, and partners with support staff on system maintenance and updates throughout the life of the system.
- Designs, configures and builds moderate to highly complex web and/or phone based clinical trial applications.
- Reviews designs for compliance/feasibility within the database system and consistency with any current standards and/or sponsor specifications.
- Creates study specific technical documents.
- Meets with study teams on a regular basis during initial study setup to ensure effective communication and accuracy in development of systems.
- Communicates proactively with all project team members and provides regular feedback to management concerning timeline/budget or resourcing constraints
- Provides general training and code review of systems programmed or configured by junior team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years).
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client’s proprietary data
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and a good team playe
- Firm understanding of the data exchange between applications is preferred
- Experience with structured query language (SQL) and PL/SQL
- Solid understanding and experience with large scale relational database systems such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with a reporting or dashboarding tool such as Crystal Reports, SSRS, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
- Solid understanding of data-interchange formats such as XML and JSON
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of collaborative team
- Experience tuning SQL for performance and efficiency
- Experience with non-relational database technologies such as Azure Document, Table, and Blob storage
- Experience with version control, defect tracking and change management
- Understanding of SOAP/Restful Webservices, and working with web APIs is preferred
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)