PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD’s Clinical Management department is committed to industry leadership and the relentless pursuit of excellence. Working in the Clinical Management department, you will combine deep knowledge, therapeutic expertise, and robust tools to help our clients deliver life-changing therapies to market.
As a Project Assistant, you will provide technical and administrative support to your assigned clinical project team. You work with a high attention to detail, reviewing documentation, coordinating project details, and maintaining data systems - all with a sense of urgency aligned with that of our customers.
Grow within the Clinical Management department into senior-level
Project Assistant roles or leadership roles within the department. Or, develop into
Remote Site Monitor or Clinical Research Associate roles. You can also explore
opportunities within other groups, such as Site and Patient Access.
The basic purpose of the Project Assistant is to provide technical support to the project team. Will coordinate non-clinical responsibilities of project administration as applicable to the client contract under the direction of the assigned Clinical Manager or Sr. Clinical Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Reviews regulatory documents for proper content
- Performs PPD investigator file reviews and logging of outstanding issues in project related tracking tools
- Liaises with monitor and investigative sites to resolve outstanding regulatory issues identified
- Disseminates study related information, including project tracking updates to Clients, clinical study teams and other PPD departments
- Assists with the identification of potential investigators and development/distribution of initial protocol packets
- Creates meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordinates team conference calls and distribution of meeting minutes
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to effectively analyze project specific data/systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility to reprioritize workload to meet changing project timelines
- Responsible for adhering to FDA Good Clinical Practices, FDA regulations, PPD/Client Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practice Documents regulations for all non-clinical/clinical aspects of project implementation, execution, and closeout
- Excellent English and grammar skills
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to obtain knowledge and master all clinical trial database systems
- Ability to successfully complete PPD clinical training program (CAFT- Clinical Administration Foundation Training)
- Ability to mentor and train new Project Assistants as needed
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
- May require travel (Recruiter will provide more details)