Title: Project Manager
Department: Vaccine Sciences
Location: Richmond, Virginia and home based option
*Immediate openings and full benefits available!
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offer the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our services are designed to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines, allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As a Project Manager, you will provide focused program/project management services to pharmaceutical development programs. You may interact with clinical teams providing assay readiness and sample analysis updates. You will be the primary point of contact for clients, clinical teams, the lab and support groups. Your role serves as an integral piece in helping PPD accomplish our goal of helping bring life-changing therapies to market.
- Provides oversight both internal and external to ensure program/project requirements are understood, agreed upon and followed at all times.
- Accountable for overall program/project performance and client’s satisfaction by meeting their needs and expectations through the life cycle of the program/project.
- Supports client assay development including qualifications and validations, as well as clinical studies.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Vaccines Science Department Project Management group (e.g., aid in identifying opportunities for process and efficiency improvement).
- Responsible for managing timelines, budgets, and contracted project/program deliverables.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification, science (biology/chemistry) degrees are preferred
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with biosamples operations, data management and sample reconciliation
- Knowledge of general operations of clinical studies and ICFs
- General knowledge of assay development and validation
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Competent with specific computers and enterprise applications, including Microsoft Office (e.g. Project)
- Demonstrated compliance with procedures and policies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a stressful environment
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management in a Laboratory environment
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively with multi-level teams
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you