Proposal Manager – UK
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Are you a strategic, detail-oriented professional with experience building top notch, intricate proposals? If so, this role with PPD could be the next smart career move for you!
The PPD Strategic Proposal Development (SPD) department is a global, high-performance team working to develop concise and compelling proposals, dedicated to enhancing client solutions aligning with overall commercial & operational strategy. As a Proposal Manager, you will work at the direction of the commercial strategy lead and with cross functional and executive contributors to develop crisp and compelling proposals focused on client solutions that are aligned with commercial and operational strategy. You will be primarily responsible for RFPs and supplemental documents for complex, multi-region, multi-service clinical development projects/programs, complex RFI's, partnership and prospective selling initiatives and related client deliverables. You will ensure all documents align appropriately with the operational strategy and budget, completed within appropriate timelines and quality standards.
• Interprets and analyzes appropriate data to write proposals that support
• Conducts analysis at the direction of the strategy lead or may direct junior team members in data collection activities.
• Identifies need for graphical content. May create content or direct team members in the creation of appropriate material.
• Works with the operational strategy lead to ensure the proposal and related documents align as appropriate to operational strategy and budget.
• Works effectively with executive management as contributors, reviewers or otherwise necessary.
• Remains aligned with opportunities through client decision. Supports project team in bid defense preparation and any other deliverables related to the opportunity.
• Identifies need for change in process or procedure within department and works with manager and team to develop and implement appropriate changes.
• Leads and/or participates in departmental or cross-functional process improvement or corporate initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
Significant experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years).
Peri Post Approval/Late Phase experience is preferred but not required
Fluency in English, written and verbal
Excellent bespoke proposal writing skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent project management skills and financial acumen as related to business and operational strategy Expertise in the company's differentiated solutions offerings; ability to work across therapeutic areas
Strong ability to manage multiple activities and priorities, with effective judgment and decision-making skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with strong editing skills
Adept at translating technical and scientific information into client-friendly proposals
Critical and strategic thinking skills
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills and problem-solving ability, with ability to interact and build relationships with individuals at all levels
Knowledge of clinical development process, including functional operations and regulatory guidelines and directives across full spectrum of development activities
Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.