Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a QC Reviewer you will monitor the quality of laboratory data and reports.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Monitors the quality of laboratory data and reports. Reviews chromatographic data and related notebooks as specified by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Evaluates data to ensure compliance with analytical methods, client criteria, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Evaluates laboratory data for compliance with analytical methods and SOPs.
- Reviews sample results for completeness and accurate representation of the data and report findings.
- Communicates with laboratory staff to proactively address the quality of laboratory documentation.
- Prepares QC statements noting deficiencies with the analytical data set or notebooks. Reports deficiencies to the project leader for correction.
- Trains new QC Reviewers and laboratory staff.
- Conducts SOP review and writing. Conducts consultations for quality records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of SOPs and Federal Regulations to include GLP and GMP
- Thorough knowledge of chromatography and divisional SOPs
- Strong technical knowledge including an understanding of laboratory procedures, methodology and standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to train staff
- Ability to independently review laboratory reports and analytical methods
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback and/or documentation of results
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.