QC Lab Analyst (Pharma) – Athlone
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
Our GMP Laboratory based in Athlone is one of PPD’s fastest growing locations and due to this continued expansion we are looking to recruit Associate Scientists for our Pharma team.
As QC Lab Analyst (known locally as Associate Scientist) you will perform a variety of routine to complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations.
- Performs a variety of routine to complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds
- Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision.
- Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
- Problem solves with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Manages QC/QA responsibilities without supervisor or QA input.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
Do you want to grow your career with a growing contract laboratory? You will need:
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field (i.e. Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry)
- 1 years experience that provides the knowledge and skills to perform the job
- Ideally this experience will be within a laboratory setting utilizing techniques such as HPLC, GC, KF, UV-Vis, FT-IR, etc.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Annual salary reviews
- Company paid pension contribution
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Non-contractual annual bonus
- Innovative work
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.