Serves as a senior reviewer or senior project start-up lead responsible for designing and delivering complex interactive voice/web response system solutions. Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and designs the functional specifications for systems. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
During start-up acts as primary liaison between the client and team ensuring timely delivery of IRT start-up services.
Manages large and complex design projects and associated system changes/enhancements by gathering and writing requirements and design specifications for interactive voice and/or web response systems, integrations and reports.
Acts as a liaison with developers and validation staff to coordinate system design activities prior to launch and during the process of system changes/enhancements. Develops time and resource estimates of requirements and design initiatives.
Performs informal testing of systems designed.
Facilitates system capabilities discussions, participates in functional group decision making and provides presentations of systems designed.
Provides training, mentorship and guidance to junior team members including providing senior review and feedback on requirements and technical specification documents.
Shares knowledge and collaborates with team members in order to enhance system functionality and offerings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years).
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle and requirements methodology and best practices
- Knowledge or experience with Medidata Rave - RTSM (formerly known as Balance)
- Knowledge or experience with EDC or Data Management and data interfaces
- Knowledge or experience with randomization or clinical supplies management
- Familiarity with data manipulation and presentation tools (e.g., SQL, report writing packages, and Microsoft Access)
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of writing design specifications for systems
- Basic project management skills to efficiently bring projects to completion, including good planning and organizational skills
- Good business skills including documentation, presentation, interpersonal, and communication
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities and working as a member of a
multi-disciplinary, crossfunctional team
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
· Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
· Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
· Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
· Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
· May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)