- Coordinates both project management and operations/support work for cloud applications assigned, growing positive and productive relationship between IT, the vendor, and the business.
- Managesvendor and internal configuration releases for large cloud applications, focusing on timeline/quality/budget. Manages cross-project interdependencies and coordinates environment usage for multiple initiatives running in parallel. Manages and provides oversight and direction to allocated project team members to ensure quality and timely delivery of project requirements.
- Leads impact assessment discussions to ensure release changes are properly assessed for both project and operations/support impact.
- Participates in customer advisory boards to provide roadmap input for applications assigned.
- Ensures issues, project or operations/support, are properly escalated to rapid resolution and, when needed, effectively communicated to Sr/Exec-level leadership.
- Onboards and provides oversight to vendor resources working on PPD systems.
- Reviews and provides input on vendor contracts, statements of work, and related documents.
- Ensures applications assigned are compliant with PPD procedures and applicable regulations (GxP, Sarbanes Oxley, etc).
- Manages/tracks/trends application license usage.
- Provides input into budgeting related to applications assigned, and subsequent management of that budget.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Reviews data on complex issues, makes good business decisions, and ensures solutions are implemented.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a cloud application environment, managing release cycles for vendor and internal configuration releases
- Experience in the operations and support of cloud applications, including working with cloud vendors.
- Highly skilled level of proficiency in the key principles of cross functional project management (ex: Time, Quality, Cost)
- Excellent financial acumen
- Proven track record of excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels
- Critical thinker with solid judgment and strong initiative
- Proficiency in leadership/influence and collaboration across multiple and diverse groups
- Strong experience with managing projects through all aspects of a project life cycle
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities
- Ability to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and project team members workload
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (including the ability to create effective and polished updates for Sr. and Executive-level leadership), time management and organizational skills
- Seasoned in managing geographically distributed teams
- Ability to understand, high level, integration technology to drive progress/alignment towards effective issue resolution and impact analysis discussions
- Release management of Oracle Cloud HCM and ERP a plus.
- PMP Certification considered a plus
- Experience in Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, or other QMS frameworks considered a plus
- Experience with validated systems in a regulated environment considered a plus
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.