PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug
development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate,
deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance
and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research.
Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your
compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Research Team Clinical Data Associate, you will be provided comprehensive training to successfully complete multiple administrative functions for the ongoing clinical trials involving patients or healthy volunteers/subjects while working in a hands-on team-oriented environment.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one
team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits
focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Under the general direction of the Research Team Leader, the Research Team CDA is responsible for the successful completion and filing of case report forms and source documents for clinical research studies. Works with sponsor representatives at all meetings/visits when case report form data is reviewed. Ensures all subject data is boxed as required for study archiving.
- Develops filing system for each study, to ensure each subject folder will be accessible to others if necessary. Ensures each folder is eventually complete and orderly with all required forms completed and audited for accuracy. Flags any discrepancies in data to be resolved by appropriate staff. Ensures proper documentation to the study file addressing any study issues so all aspects of the study are clear even years after study is completed.
- Reviews protocol and case report forms (CRFs) to determine study specific information. Evaluates for gaps in information and discuss omissions with Team Leader and Project Manager to develop clear criteria for case report form completion.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of study CRFs to meet sponsor requirements and deadlines. Informs Research Team Leader and Project Manager of any issues/problems, which may cause delays.
- Ensures principal investigator signs all CRFs and is apprised of any data issues on the study.
- Ensure all study participants’ paperwork is complete and adequately reflects participation in the study as per FDA requirements. Boxes completed study information in accordance with the clinical archival process. Resolves any sponsor queries after the study has been completed.
- Ensures all case report forms and subject folders are reviewed by QA prior to review by sponsor or signature by PI.
Sets up sponsor rooms prior to sponsor visit.
Education and Experience:
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience. Degree preferred.
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability managing multiple responsibilities and completion of projects in either a
work or school setting.
Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn various
programs and/or systems such as the Oracle database.
Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly explain information to a wide variety of
- Ability to function with multiple types of individuals in potentially difficult or uncomfortable settings.
Strong attention to detail.
Strong planning and organization capabilities to manage multiple tasks and multiple study
groups at one time.
Effective time-management skills.
Strong auditing and documenting skills.
Ability and willingness to learn to administer investigational drugs or test investigational
devices. This may include dosing orally, intravenously, topically or other approved dosing
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the
right thing - We
are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you