Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a Sample Coordinator, you will be part of a laboratory support team, performing a variety of sample and standard handling tasks.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Performs a variety of sample and standard handling tasks in support of the laboratory. Follows established SOPs and responds to requests from laboratory staff with minimal supervision. Assists laboratory staff in following sample handling procedures and enforces these procedures as necessary. Possesses a basic understanding of several portions of the overall sample/standard process.
- Performs a variety of sample and standard tasks (receipt, check-in, login, labeling, launching, inventory, transport, check-out, etc. May participate in physical return and disposal of materials in support of the laboratory.
- Communicates status of samples / standards to appropriate laboratory staff.
- Guides and advises laboratory staff in sample / standard procedures.
- Completes investigation and deviation forms as necessary, and determines appropriate CAPAs.
- Reviews and provides feedback on laboratory requests, ensuring compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Trains on SOPs, regulatory guidelines, and storage requirements. Responds to environmental unit alarms and participates in on-call responsibilities.
- Performs work assignments accurately and in a timely and safe manner.
Education and Experience:
High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Technical positions may require a certificate
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of inventory flow and control
- Knowledge of laboratory and regulatory requirements (documentation, sample storage)
- Ability to write/review SOPs and process improvement outlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you