PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health.
The Sr. Account Director Business Development will secure and retain business for PPD through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors. This position will also be responsible for positioning PPD as a primary provider for all clinical development work to be outsourced, qualifying deals and developing proposals, and acts as a liasion between sponsor and company on all business development activities and requirements.
PPD offers continued career advancement, as well as management and specialized opportunities in other departments as PPD.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
- Bachelors degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years') or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- CRO sales highly preferred, and/or marketing background with concentration in pharmaceutical/biotech area
- Proven track record of developing mid- and high- level business contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to manage and fully integrate with Operations, Finance, Bids, & Contracts and Marketing, and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and developing sales leads, making professional presentations, managing the sales process through close, and handling all aspects of contract negotiations
- Understanding of sales automation systems and Microsoft Office programs
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities