Senior Analytical Chemist
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our laboratory groups: Biopharm and Pharma.
Athlone is one of PPD’s fastest-growing laboratory locations. Due to this continued expansion, we are recruiting Senior Analytical Chemists to join our Pharma group.
As a Senior Analytical Chemist you will performs complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical products and proficiently use analytical instrumentation, calculate and analyzes data and record data in adherence with PPD SOP's and the industry.
- Independently performs method validations, method transfers and analytical testing of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Understands and conforms to methods and protocols applicable to assigned tasks. Designs and executes experiments with minimal supervision.
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Communicates data and technical issues to the client and responds to client needs and questions.
- Mentors, trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other team members and assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Assists with quality systems and new equipment.
- Assists in designing method validation or method transfer protocols and establish project timelines.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
Qualifications - External
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry.
- 5 years’ relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory with experience in HPLC and Empower is essential
- Experience in Method Validation, Method Transfer and Analytical testing.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Excellent attention to detail
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.